Forum

Cryptocurrency Historical Data

Would be great to have historical data of major cryptocurrency pairs like Bitcoin and Ethereum from major cryptocurrency platforms like Bitmex, or exchanges like Coinbase Pro, Kraken, Gemini.

I dont mention binance (being a major exchange I like) since it uses USDT which is a stable coin that hasn’t always reflected the price of US dollar.

I wouldn’t use Forex brokers data for cryptocurrency simulation since they don’t work on weekends so that data is missing and spreads are wider than directly trading on crypto platforms.

Thank you, it’s already in the to-do list, let’s just indicate that on the forum :slight_smile:

On the other hand, I didn’t think about getting data directly from exchanges, should definitely research this topic deeper.

For margin trading Bitcoin I use Deribit.com but they have been around only a couple of years so their historical data is limited. (I chart using Bitmex historical data in Tradingview)

Nevertheless, Deribit index prices according to major exchanges like Gemini, Coinbase Pro and Kraken that have been around for way longer.

Bitmex is a well known crypto platform for trading with margin that manages one of the biggest volumes in the market and they have been around for longer than Deribit so it’s worth considering.

All of these with the exception of Deribit are currently in Tradingview I don’t know if that’s worth for something to you.

Thanks Max!

Hey Max,

This topic has been discussed since July 18, 2019, and it’s been more than 2 months, hopefully you can start getting your hands on it.

Bitcoin historical data from Bitstamp, Coinbase, BitMEX should play the most important role.

Bitstamp has been around since 2011, Coinbase and BitMEX have been around since 2013.

Please try to get historical data in these timeframes if possible:
1m 5m 15m 30m 1H, 2H. 4H, 12H, 1D, 1W, 1M

BTW, I came across this site, maybe they have a good source for the historical data:

https://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg60ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

Thanks!

Yes, sorry for the delay.
I understand that it took much more time than initially expected and I have no excuse for that :slight_smile:

If you need more details about the reason of the delay, they are simple: I understood that I can’t grow this project alone so I experimented a lot with management.
I finally found the right approach which enabled me to get back to product development.
So, I expect to continue its development without interruptions from this moment.

I didn’t study management in the university so it’s a hard new topic for me.
On the other hand, I see no other option to grow, not just survive in this business.